Friday, December 1, 2017

Dresses For December, Part 1

Hello Readers. It is the beginning of my "Dresses For December" series. I found out about another month long event happening in December, called "Dressember". Dressember was started by a woman named Blythe Hill. She wanted to raise awareness about human trafficking. It is a huge international problem, 30 million human beings in slavery world wide, according to the Dressember website. Most of them are women and children. You can see her TED talk about wanting to help and starting Dressember here. Her idea was to wear dresses the entire month of December (Dresses being symbolic of women.) and her idea grew into a larger charitable organization. Dressember.org is their website and they can tell you much more about what they and their partners are doing to help victims and how you can help wherever you are. 

I decided to wear dresses for the month of December and all my refashion projects this month will involve dresses. (I hope you like dresses.) My first dress is this purple sleeveless number right here.

This is the face I get when son tells me a story about how he needs money.
  
This purple knit dress is in good shape but it is too big. I am also going to freeze with out any sleeves so I will need to wear something under it. Or over it. Or both. It had a zipper down the back so I was free to alter it on the sides without interfering with the ability to put it on and take it off. And knits are usually very easy to work with and comfortable to wear. I'm excited, let's get started.


This dress was from Talbots. It feels like very nice fabric. I measured and double checked where the sides needed to be taken in and I used my machine to make new side seams. Easy-peasy! I shortened it a little because the length was a little dowdy on me.


This dress is just a comfortable as I had hoped it would be. It looks dressy but feels like a nightgown. I added a jacket and boots for the chilly weather.

  
Thanks for reading this post. I hope you can join me for the rest of my December dresses.










2 comments:

mycardattic said...

It's a beautiful fit now! Looks great! I never heard of 'Dressember', sounds like a very good cause, I shall have to check it out! Thank you! Hazel x

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks for the comment. I love to hear from readers.
Chickie